- Set a budget limits for an advertising campaign — this will save you from inappropriate spending: in this case, the campaign will not spend more money per day than the daily limit, and the entire amount of spending will not exceed the total limit.
- If you select two segments, they will merge: they will work on the "OR" principle (and not on the principle of intersection — "AND").
- Use the "Multiformat" format: it has a lot of different placements and at the same time optimizes impressions by the exposed parameters of the purchase (for example, the cost of a click). So you will get more opportunities to show your ads.
- Keep in mind that each target audience setting narrows the number of people who will see an ad for that ad campaign.
- By default, targeting goes to the whole of Russia.
- If you do not have a clear confidence for what gender the advertised product or service is suitable, it is better to run an advertising campaign without narrowing by gender. If you add the setting by gender, the ads will be shown only for this gender (and for the whole of Russia).
- Do not rush to narrow the audience by age: it is better to start with broad settings, for example, age 25-75. Don't forget to include "unknown" age.
- If you're using segments or local ads, it's best not to use interests with them. In other cases, it is important to understand that the audience is narrowed by interests and long-term interests. If you select, for example, the interest "Auto middle class" and long-term interest "Auto", the advertising campaign will be shown only to those who fit both of these conditions. Therefore, it is not recommended to use both long-term interests and ordinary interests in the settings of one advertising campaign - it is better to separate them into different campaigns.
- At the same time, if you select several different interests, they will be summed up: that is, it is enough to have at least one interest. For example, if you select Audi, BMW, and Cadillac, your ad will be shown to people who have at least one of these three interests. Other types of campaign settings continue to count and narrow your audience. Similarly, the choice of several long-term interests works — they are summed up.
- Do not use targeting settings if you do not have a clear understanding of why they are needed. This can easily narrow the audience and cut off potential customers.
- When determining the bid, focus on the knowledge of your market segment and the desired number of target actions. We recommend initially put the bid a little higher and monitor the performance of the campaign after the start. If you get good performance in the future, you can slightly reduce it.
- We recommend choosing the auction strategy "Maximum clicks (or impressions)".
If your advertising campaign is not effective enough, read our other tips
, or contact us by mail firstname.lastname@example.org